26 August 2011

Who Am I to T???

This is another question I get asked a lot when I get asked about my adoption.
Who does T think I am?

Well honestly I don’t know what she thinks.
I know her mom and dad call me her other mommy (yes the social workers have had several fits about this) but I feel its their decision not mine.
When I see her I call myself by my name. I never imply that I’m her tummy mummy or her birth mom. I’m just Tanya.

She has said that I’m funny (in that I make her laugh) but I don’t push her or try find out who she see’s me as. For me I’m just the funny lady she sees every few months and loves playing with M and E.
I just enjoy being with her. She will soon realise who I am but I will never force her to acknowledge me in respect to my status as her birth mom.
She knows she has sisters who are M and E.
But there are no secrets and I will always be around to answer her but I feel that there won’t be this big day where she finds out it will be casual and over time she will just ask as she needs to know.
Even in my letters I sign my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment